Wednesday, July 11, 2007

This is me, in all my glory

Well, I've just taken the first big step. I've created this blog so now I have to go through and add everything.



A little about myself. I'm a self taught scrapping addict. I've been scrapping for about 3 years now.



When I'm not traveling to wrestling events or horror conventions, my weekends are spent scrapbooking.



I am constantly working on two sets of "series" books. I call them "Series Books" because the theme is the same, but they have just become far to huge to contain into one book.



My first Series Book is my Wrestling Book. This book consists of pages of I created after meeting some of my favorite wrestlers. I'd scrapbook the experience and the pictures with them, until I had the idea that if I create the page and leave space for some pictures I can take the page and have them autograph that instead of another promo picture for me wall.



This book is now 3 extremely oversized volumes and I've got at least 7 more wrestlers to add to it right now.



The second Series Book is my Horror Book. This book is, yes, you guessed it, a Horror themed book. I used the concept of getting pages autographed from my Wrestling Book, and started creating pages based on my favorite horror movies. This book quickly became huge, it currently has 5 volumes and I've got at least two more conventions this year, and a huge stack of pictures I haven't had a chance to scrap yet.



I love working on these two books, but since they are out of the "norm", it's very hard to get embellishments for the pages, therefore, I've had to become very creative, very quickly and on a budget too. You'd be surprised what you can do out of desperation.



Recently, my newly retired parents took a vacation to Myrtle Beach, and my father e-mailed me over 200 pictures of his trip and I decided that as a surprise for them, I would scrapbook their trip. I was so nervous about giving it to them as this was the first time I've ever given anyone something I've scrapped. They loved it, and it opened up so many doors for me.



I have two friends at work who liked what I did for my parents and asked me to do books for them, so, now I'm working on a wedding reception album for a friend, and then a children's scrapbook for another friend. Both books being so different from what I'm used to, I'm very excited to start these projects.

No comments: